Well, it finally got to me. Several shows have been mentioning the 8 things you don't know about me. Corby from the Twisted Pickle
tagged me, so here it goes.
1. Before I moved to Japan, I thought the Chicagoland area was only the city and the northwestern suburbs. It was all I had ever been to. Man my view of where I lived was minute!
2. I can be extremely gullible. If a story sounds somewhat believable, I will most likely believe it. This has gotten me in to trouble a lot and made me look more and more like a dork.
3. When I went to a summer camp in the Sierra Nevada mountains in California, I saw a UFO. I was laying on a rock just looking at the stars and saw what I initially thought was a meteor enter the atmosphere. I looked away for a second then back at it, and it had stopped, and started heading back in the same direction it had just come from. It had multi-colored lights on the bottom that made an X on the bottom and then there were lights in the back that went in a partial arc. Maybe there are little green men out there.
4. As a kid, when I was asked what I wanted to do when I grew up, I would say, President of the United States, or a race car driver (I only knew of Indy Car at the time).
5. While driving from Milwaukee home in 1999, I was behind a van that slammed in to a semi. I pulled over and tried to get the people out of the van, with out any luck. I found out later that everyone (6 people, 4 of them kids) but the driver died as I tried to get them out. It still haunts me from time to time.
6. Before I went to college, I didn't care much for sports. I would only follow teams if they were from Chicago and were in a championship run (Bears in 1985 and Bulls 1991). My big brother in my fraternity was a White Sox fan and he started the whole thing. Now I am an avid sports fan.
7. When I did a semester of college at Northern Illinois University, I would routinely drive home at over 100 mph. It was reckless, but the car I had at time time was extremely fast and it was built for that speed.
8. While I was not a great student, I have only failed two classes. One was Geometry that was taught by a crappy teacher who didn't know how to help a student who just didn't get what he was trying to teach, and the other was Calculus for Business. I just didn't get calculus at all, that was truly me.
I am tagging
Love Long and Prosper
The Big Show